I am teaching Software Design(CSE 564) this Fall (2020).
This course: (a) examines software design issues and techniques; (b) presents a comparison of design methods and a survey of design representations; (c) review how to apply design principles, patterns, and architectures to create reusable and flexible software systems; and, (d) describes how to document the design and architecture of a software system using a visual notation.
This course includes 25 lectures as follows:
- Course Presentation
- Stepwise Refinement
- Assignment 01
- Large vs Small
- Object-Oriented Design
- Assignment 02
- Design Patterns – Observer
- Design Patterns – Singleton
- Design Patterns – Decorator
- Design Patterns – Builder vs Factory
- Design Patterns – Composite, Bridge, Strategy and Chain of Responsibility
- Assignment 03
Some lectures have been recorded and are available in my YouTube Channel